Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Trebor22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought 2 cameras and so far I am into day 2 of trying to set them up. I am connected to 2.4, I am a foot away from the router, the cameras are fully charged, they chime when I point to the Qr but the app fails to find them there after. The blue light keeps flashing as mentioned but fails. Same with both cameras. I feel like I bought a couple of paper weights at this point. Any help/suggestions before I take them back for a refund? 

Edit, I have to say, there are many pain issues I am finding with arlo, I can't add a *** label in order to post this, it wouldn't take a password even though I followed the guidelines, I log in and i'm not logged in etc. I left Ring for this, I am ready to go back. 

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

You have this posted in the Essential Spotlight section I assume you mean essential camera?

If you have not yet already please read these tips

https://www.arlo.com/en_gb/support/faq/000062406/What-do-I-do-when-Arlo-fails-to-discover-my-device

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Streak2 wrote:

You have this posted in the Essential Spotlight section I assume you mean essential camera?

@Trebor22: Note that it is important to select the right camera model when you "add device".  (Don't select Essential if you have the Essential Spotlight, or vice versa).

Trebor22
Aspirant
Aspirant
Never mind, I returned them and got a refund. I ordered 2 Ring spotlights instead.