Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Gummie12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying for weeks to get support for my spotlight and the support has been terrible. About 3 weeks ago the spotlight just stopped working. I have toggled it on and off, restarted and reset the camera and nothing is working. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what have you done. Support does not even bother to contact you and considering I am still in the trail period this is really discouraging from getting an actual subscription.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and re-onboarding the camera to see if that helps. If not, you have to go through support to get a replacement - keep trying.

Gummie12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried both and the "support" group stopped replying after I sent them a few pictures of the product not working. It also appears that the sound and spotlight stopped working at the same time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe PM the support case number to @JamesC 

G1943
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera stopped working 10 days ago and 11 contacts with support have not helped.  System can not locate the camera.  Tried both via the phone and the computer.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

G1943,

Have you factory reset the camera and then tried re-onboarding? Follow these instructions: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

JamesC

G1943
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.  Tried and still did not work

G1943
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I had similar issues ARLO SUPPORT SERVICE IS TERRIBLE!!

After 21 contacts (between 10/3/21 and 10/20/210 attempting to get resolution to a similar problem, which included a phone number no longer active and repetitive unsuccessful requests to speak to an individual, I finally decided to return the camera to Amazon.  It took 11 minutes for Amazon to accept the return, with a $15 restocking fee, not considered fair given the problems, but I wanted to get rid of the camera.  Praises to Amazon.

Gummie12
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I was told that someone from a Tier 3 would call me regarding the light and I have been waiting over 2 weeks for a call back. I was initially told after a previous 2 weeks of run-around, that you had to have a subscription for the spotlight to work and most recently that this was not true as it should work regardless. However, here we are several months later and still no spotlight unless I manually turn it on while actively reviewing the camera.

Kal96
Aspirant
Aspirant

well that sucks. no recording and no spot light wtf I buy this for and recommend people for