Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delete camera, Now I can not add it back onto my secure subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DOODOOHEAD
Tutor
Tutor

So I have an older camera that I just started a secure plan with at the beginning of this month. I also recently purchased 2 ultra 2 cameras, a doorbell and base. I deleted the older essential camera to remove from Wi-Fi network then adde it to my new base. Now I can not add it back onto my secure subscription.
Very very very disappointed with support. I started a chat then they had someone call me. Instead of helping me he persisted in trying to sell me a plan or warranty. He basically said the essential camera is out of warranty and they won’t support it forever. Never did he help even a little. Just tried to get $200 from me. And when I said I’m not interested in starting a plan at that very moment he then persisted to ask me for a reason.
After spending nearly $1000 on equipment I’m starting to think I made a bad choice. Now I’m paying for a secure account and don’t even have any cameras on it and can’t add one onto it. Anyone have any suggestions or should I just switch to a different brand?
Also I just read an email from Arlo and about support scams. It stated thier support would never ask for any log in info or security code. Well that’s exactly what this guy did. He logged into my account and supposedly tried adding the camera to my subscription and wasn’t able too. I guess I’m going to have to file a complaint. Beware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DOODOOHEAD,

I don't see an open support ticket for your email address so you must not have contacted Arlo support. As a rule, only contact support using the Arlo mobile app.

Regarding the subscription issue you've mentioned above, you should be able to drag the essential camera back into your Arlo Secure subscription slot using Android or a PC at https://my.arlo.com/#/home

Log in to your account and navigate to Settings > Subscription > Manage Cameras > Move the camera from no plan to your Arlo Secure plan

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
DOODOOHEAD
Tutor
Tutor
Just want to reiterate what I said in my other post. Customer service is the worst I’ve ever dealt with. They apparently aren’t actually support but just try to sell you more service. Such a joke. Don’t buy Arlo. I’m regretting it myself.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DOODOOHEAD wrote:

Very very very disappointed with support. I started a chat then they had someone call me. Instead of helping me he persisted in trying to sell me a plan or warranty. He basically said the essential camera is out of warranty and they won’t support it forever. Never did he help even a little. Just tried to get $200 from me. And when I said I’m not interested in starting a plan at that very moment he then persisted to ask me for a reason.

It sounds like you were chatting with a scam support site.

Did you use the support options in the app?  Or did you google for support?

DOODOOHEAD
Tutor
Tutor
I entered a chat from the website. When I told them my issue they asked for my phone number and said someone will call me within a few minutes. That why I’m confused. It should have been legit but sounds like a scammer.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DOODOOHEAD,

I don't see an open support ticket for your email address so you must not have contacted Arlo support. As a rule, only contact support using the Arlo mobile app.

Regarding the subscription issue you've mentioned above, you should be able to drag the essential camera back into your Arlo Secure subscription slot using Android or a PC at https://my.arlo.com/#/home

Log in to your account and navigate to Settings > Subscription > Manage Cameras > Move the camera from no plan to your Arlo Secure plan

JamesC

DOODOOHEAD
Tutor
Tutor
I started a chat from the Arlo app. The person I was chatting with took my number and had someone call me. So if the person that called me wasn’t an employee then one of your employees is in on scamming and gave my number to a scammer.
DOODOOHEAD
Tutor
Tutor
I’m unable to do that. That’s why I contacted support in the first place. None of my devices can be dragged. Neither to add to a plan or remove from one.
DOODOOHEAD
Tutor
Tutor
Also now my wire free doorbell stopped working after about a week. Tried charging the battery several times. Doesn’t power on. It would be great if there was a phone number posted to call instead of having to chat with computers and jump through hoops for support. I’m starting to regret my decision to go with Arlo cameras. Maybe I should try a different brand.
DOODOOHEAD
Tutor
Tutor
Ok. So I was too quick to judge. I somehow was redirected to a scammer. I called the phone number listed for support over my doorbell not working. They were very helpful and I am going to be receiving a new doorbell since we determined that mine is defective. Free of charge and even waiving the shipping. And you were correct. I wasn’t able to add the. Akers to my subscription from the app. I was informed that it will not work from the app, only from the myarlo website. Thank you.