Could not sign into Arlo, and then was told had to Pay for updates

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wettabeme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have had Arlo for 2 years 3 months, and I could not sign in. a window popped up with chat, and she said a tech would be calling me shortly, when he did, he told me after 2 years Arlo has to update the cameras, and I could eighter pay for a 2 year subscription or lifetime ( a 2 year was $99.00 vs lifetime $199.00) I asked them why I had to pay this after I already paid for 4 cameras, and a monthly subscription? Then said why is this the first time hearing about this? Why wasn't this disclosed?  Really want to change systems now. He sent some bogus paypal instructions, and I told him I was not paying by Paypal, then he said he'd send a email link for me to pay by my choice card..Well that never came so he resent the paypal link, that's when I told him no, and I was losing time with my work and hung up. This is a scam...Has to be, but gotta say at least now I can get into my came

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wettabeme wrote:

Have had Arlo for 2 years 3 months, and I could not sign in. a window popped up with chat, and she said a tech would be calling me shortly, when he did, he told me after 2 years Arlo has to update the cameras, and I could eighter pay for a 2 year subscription or lifetime ( a 2 year was $99.00 vs lifetime $199.00) I

definitely a scam.

DO NOT pay anyone for support. We do not charge for support.

Did you pay this person?