Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TownCrier
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station went offline. I deleted it from my account but cannot add it again even after trying every tip in troubleshooting, reset, app reinstall, and so on. Is it because VMB3010 went EoL? The router works just fine.  Can I do anything with my Arlo hardware now or is it just expensive junk? I am in the EU and I also own a HD Arlo camera. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

EOL does NOT mean devices stop working and the base stations aren't in the EOL anyway.

What do the LEDs show?

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

There should be green power and Internet lights and the Camera one should be off or solid amber.

Have you tried resetting the base by holding the reset button for >10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber? If still no good, it may be that the base has an internal problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

EOL does NOT mean devices stop working and the base stations aren't in the EOL anyway.

What do the LEDs show?

https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station-mean

There should be green power and Internet lights and the Camera one should be off or solid amber.

Have you tried resetting the base by holding the reset button for >10 seconds until the LEDs flash amber? If still no good, it may be that the base has an internal problem.

TownCrier
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Yes, green leds for power and Internet connection, amber for Camera. Yes, I tried reset multiple times. Also tried on a different router / local network. No joy. So, it must be an internal error as you said. I guess that means the base station goes to the bin. Do you think I could still use my HD camera if I buy a new compatible base station, or would it be a waste of money since old hardware is EoL anyway? Is the HD cam EoL as well?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While the base isn't EOL (but is dead anyway), the cameras will connect to a new hub and continue to work as shown in the EOL statements for the foreseeable future.