Cameras stop working and charging after 1 year and Past Warranty

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
murphy_kellie
Follower
Follower

Is it normal for these cameras to stop working after 1 year and just not charge or if they do charge, just to randomly disconnect from the network and disappear off your camera list?  These cameras are past the one year warranty now, so I'm not sure if it's worth the money to replace them.  I don't want to have to buy new cameras every year and I haven't had any luck with technical support. 

Anyone else had this issue or are we expected to replace cameras every year?

11 REPLIES 11
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

ScottKasl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you get this answered?  I am having the same problem.  At first I thought it was the solar panel, but since I've brought the camera inside it constantly loses its connection.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing. 

sussie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my camera, it disappeared from my camera list and will not scan code to connect.

did you get a solvable answer

sussie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am having the same issue with my camera just stopped working and disappeared from list of cameras and will not scan code to connect I have tried to reset and start over with the 15sec hold

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing. 

sussie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes and as you stated I am not having help in getting this remedied.

And on checking back it has only been 8 months or less. But unable to have them check online because it removed itself from the app so that camera is not on the program to click on to send them the culprit with the issue. And it is not wanting to reconnect to the network after scanning the scan code.

sussie
Aspirant
Aspirant

BrookeN as you have read the cameras are removing themselves from the camera list so how are we supposed to click on the camera with the issue

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can click on any camera within the app that can lead you to support. If the camera in question is not showing up go ahead and choose one that is then just let the rep know when you call. 

TechMentor247
Aspirant
Aspirant

I started having the same issue after having it just a year. Very disappointing.

Phelps
Star
Star
Spoiler

I think we need a class action lawsuit on essential spotlight cameras. If anyone wants to get that started because these cameras are the worst. I’ve had 3 of 5 do this very thing. One I even sent back to arlo because luckily it was under warranty and then that new camera did the same thing again. Now, just this week, I lost 2 more. All my old cameras (the ones they stopped supporting) work fine but the new essential spotlights are dropping like flies. My mother had one of her 4 fail a month ago too. All have the same issues that have failed but all in different places or households. That’s an arlo problem!!! If you google tons of people have the same problem. I think I’m going to stop using these permanently. Sucks but I feel like I have no choice. Customer service tells me they are all defective after trouble shooting—-yeah and it’s not my fault. It’s a problem on arlo!