Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera won't sync or can't be found by my device

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ryasarina-2022
Initiate
Initiate

Hello. I just purchased this model of wireless camera and I cannot get my device to locate the camera through the app. It syncs properly with the chime, but while it locates the camera, it shuts off and my device cannot locate it in general. My router is capable of 2.4g or 5g, and I even switched my phone to read the 2.4g to connect to the camera. This model apparently seems so new that it's not even available in the annoying robot "help" support on the app as a selection, and this model doesn't need a base, in accordance to it being one of the wireless essentials. I do not know why this camera isn't connecting to my or my roommate's devices. We've tried connecting the cameras to our devices multiple times, even plugged in, and it just cannot find the cameras. 

If anyone can assist, please help! We've had trespassers destroying things on our patio and we're trying to install a sense of security or a form of deterrence. 

6 REPLIES 6
Aboucherlove
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! I am having the exact same issue. It does the chive and then times out way too quickly and so then doesn’t find the device. I have done everything it tells me to do and no one will call me or help me with it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One aspect with the Essentials - you do need to be careful to select the correct model when you add the device. Several posters have reported that choosing Essential when you have the Essential Spotlight (or vice versa) doesn't work.

General advice is that often a PC browser (my.arlo.com) will work when the app fails.  Ideally connect the PC to the network with ethernet.

If you use an Eero router/mesh, then you might need to disable the "Advanced Security" seeing in the router app.

The network needs to be secured as WPA2 (AES).

Kev79
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you find a way around this problem I’m having the same issue and can’t get the camera show up in the app . Switch router to 2.4 and gone threw most things I’ve found in the help and still can’t locate the cam
Ryasarina-2022
Initiate
Initiate
Yeah, my roommate and I are working on getting the cameras working. We reset my router and typed in the actual code on the router, not the nickname, for the 2.4g and it seemed to locate the camera. It also functioned better after we fully charged the cameras
Kev79
Aspirant
Aspirant
Was hoping for a easy fix haha I only got this camera as I was told it would connect to my wifi with ease .
Not the case tho by the looks of it
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kev79,

At what point during onboarding are you experiencing an issue? Could you provide more details?

JamesC