Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Both of my Arlo Essentials stopped detecting movement and recording a few days ago

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
suzeo99
Star
Star

My cameras had been working fine and both stopped detecting and recording.  I took them both down, and charged them.  When I do the detection utility it will detect me. Live view is working as well, but they are not triggering.  Since this happened to both cameras at the same time I suspect some sort of software issue.  Anyone else having this issue?  They both have very good connections to the router, have been int eh same place for over a year and simply stopped working with no changes to my location, router etc.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a current subscription? The tiral 3 month one may have ended. Check Settings, Subscription.

suzeo99
Star
Star

Yes - full subscription, both cameras are assigned to the subscription.  Customer support has had me reboot the cameras.  They work for 8-10 hours after reboot or restart and then stop detecting motion again.  I've contacted them 3 times so far.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Deactivate them in Settings, Smart Notifications to see if that helps. If not, bring one closer to your router or hub to see if it's a location issue.

suzeo99
Star
Star

They don't detect motion in this state...so it's not a notification problem.  The orange light does not even turn on when I wave at them once they stop detecting.  I can make them play a live stream but they will not detect motion.  They both started this behavior at the same time so it is not a location issue (they are in different locations). Any other thoughts?  For the fifth time I rebooted. They worked 8-10 hours last night and this morning are not detecting again.  Does anyone else have this problem???

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

suzeo99,

Have you tried removing the cameras and then onboarding them as if they were new? Is the behavior the same?

JamesC

Skilette
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have also experienced this with one of my cameras. I had to move one from a less important location to offset this now seemingly broke camera. It was working fine, then one day just stopped detecting motion.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skilette,

Are you able to live stream and manually record with the camera? Check the active mode, is the camera Armed?

JamesC

suzeo99
Star
Star

I have completely removed them, reset them as if new.  The problem still persists.  Nothing else has changed.  My Internet has not changed, the location has not changed.  I have not added any new devices to my house.  Arlo clearly changed something on their side for both cameras to have this issue at the same time after working fine in the same location for months.  I would love to know if there was some sort of software or firmware update that happened 2-3 weeks ago that caused this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

suzeo99,

I will request an update on your open support ticket on this issue. Please refer to your ticket for any additional inquiries.

JamesC

suzeo99
Star
Star
My case was closed. I was asked to disconnect all my other internet devices. Really? Nothing changed in my house except that both arlos stopped recording and detecting motion at the same time despite being in the same locations that have been in for over a year. I get troubleshooting but that’s not feasible.