Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMB3500 not found

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Juicy20
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently moved houses and got new WiFi. When attempting to reconnect the base station the app is unable to find the base station. I have reset, unplugged, replugged everything. The lights are all green, but the hub is still not found. What do I do?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define "reset" - holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber? Many folks refer to rebooting/power cycling as a reset, which it's not.

Moving or getting a new router doesn't remove the base from your account. Since it uses Ethernet to access the servers, all that's needed is to unplug from the old location and plug it in at the new one. There are potential issues that can pop up, however, starting with cables not being properly plugged in to the ISP blocking access. 

Since the base LEDs are green, it's already configured. You should simply log into the app (or web client) and see your cameras. If not, tell us all about what you see, including any error messages. All details are important.

Juicy20
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your help, I pushed the reset button. The lights are currently all green, but in desperation I had removed the device from my account in hopes of setting it up as new at one point last night. When I go to add a new device it searches and eventually finds nothing. I had the Ethernet cable plugged into my smart tv prior and it worked great. I have unplugged everything and plugged it all back in as well. I did purchase a new power cord since last use because my dog ate mine. But it is powering in just fine so surely that is not the cause.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Juicy20,

Follow the instructions here to make sure a factory reset has been completed: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

Once the reset is completed, try onboarding the base station as if it were new. Be sure you're mobile device is connected to the same network that you're trying to add the base station to.

JamesC