Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery not charging

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kb216
Follower
Follower
Does anyone have any advice in regards to charging the Essential Spotlight Camera. Came to having to recharge the camera for the first time and it flashes blue a few times then nothing. Nothing to show it charging in the app. Have tried to cord supplied with the camera and a different USB cord. Only a few weeks old.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware update for Essential cameras has been released resolving this issue.

For more information, take a look here: 

Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera VMC2030 - 1.080.23.2_20_76711bde - 30th November 2020

Arlo Essential Camera VMC2020 - 1.080.23.2_20_76711bde - 30th November 2020

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kb216,

Within your mobile app, navigate to settings > my devices > select the camera > do you see the battery percentage icon? Does it show the camera is charged?

JamesC

beezle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been having the same issue.  I think the problem is not with the actual charging, but with the battery indicator on both the app and the web page.  Neither seem to update with the latest battery status.  I chatted with Arlo support and they told be some useless things to try (like deleting and reinstalling the app, logging out and back in).  Latest thing they said to try was to let it run down completely, then charge for 2 to 3 hours.  I cannot tell when the battery runs down, other than it will stop working, so I will wait for that and see what happens.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating this issue. We hope to have a fix available soon. I will provide an update once we have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware update for Essential cameras has been released resolving this issue.

For more information, take a look here: 

Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera VMC2030 - 1.080.23.2_20_76711bde - 30th November 2020

Arlo Essential Camera VMC2020 - 1.080.23.2_20_76711bde - 30th November 2020

JamesC

Philberty2g
Aspirant
Aspirant

Right out of the box. Plugged it in with a power cord and light is solid blue. Unplug it, and no light. Tried to press sync button for 2-3 seconds and nothing happens. No lights. Plug it in, blue light blinks rapidly and then goes solid.  Oh...and the fun part? ALL 3 of my other cameras were somehow wiped in the process. What gives???  I cannot choose a device in the menu because I have none.  Cannot reset because it won't.   

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Philberty2g,

What do you mean all three of your other cameras were wiped in the process? Were they synced previously and now they are not?

JamesC