Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless door bell stop detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Paliwal27
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo wireless door bell has stopped detecting motion and notify when armed from 2 days, have reset it and ensured the Wi-Fi strength is good. No error status on the app too, still it’s not detecting motion. Tried contacting customer technical support but have been in queue for like hrs now. Does anyone faced similar issue and what did you do to resolve this issue. As the new range has been launched the older versions have degraded in performance? Are we eligible for upgrades to the newer version or any software firmware update is required to the old devices. I also have a subscription plan. So was expecting some technical help, but not able to get through them hence reaching to this community.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paliwal27 wrote:

My arlo wireless door bell has stopped detecting motion and notify when armed from 2 days, have reset it and ensured the Wi-Fi strength is good. 

Have you tried the motion detection test?

Also, it might be good to make sure you can make a manual recording while livestreaming.

Paliwal27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, tried motion detection test too. I can see the indication line on the door bell but it doesn’t record any video or notify of the motion detected. 
I can manually record a video when seeing live feed. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Paliwal27 

Are you still experiencing these symptoms?

Paliwal27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I am. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Paliwal27 I have escalated this to support and someone will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.