Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Phelps
Star
Star
I bought a pack last January of new arlo cameras to replace my eol arlo cameras. I ended up only using a few and leaving the others in the box after I synced them all to my account (to use later as my old cameras die). I got 2 out today and though they are still synced to my account and have been charging for hours the battery never lit up and they both still only says it’s “too low” on the app. These are brand new cameras, why are they not charging? Arlo is really on my last nerve. I had a different one of my new cameras malfunction and I sent it back and they sent me a USED camera as a replacement and it malfunctioned the same dang way the first one did but within like a couple months of them sending to me. Now I’m out of warranty on everything! (Hence why I was going to use one of the brand new ones I had in the box now but they won’t charged at all) But you know what I never had any issues with? The old cameras they wanted to eliminate! Help save my arlo Eastman spotlights!!
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Does the charger work on ANY camera? It may be that it's a charger or cable issue. Try a different charger that supplies 5 volts at 2 amps and a different cable.
Phelps
Star
Star
Yes chargers are not the issue. They all work fine on other cameras. Wouldn’t have anything to do with why 2 cameras wouldn’t work. Looks like I had to let them both charge all night and they still didn’t do anything this morning. I figured they were bricked. but I was able to re-add them to my account this morning. Thankfully. I guess you have to keep a constant charge to keep them attached to your account to see the charging status. FYI to anyone else with the same issue with extra cameras sitting in a box. Unfortunately, the camera I had sent back from arlo does the amber light of death still but I guess there is nothin to do about that now that I’m out of warranty after a couple months.
jmariebrodie47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes ive got three Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras that just bricked for no apparent reason. I have tried charging them overnight but no luck. charging cables work on other cameras so it's not charging cable. I think its low quality cameras and improper battery shielding from factory!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jmariebrodie47 can you please reach out to support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the behavior you are seeing.