Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential spotlight cameras connecting to a hub help

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Anouskax
Follower
Follower
Bought the essential spotlight cameras for my stable and tack room without doing much reasearch. The subscription is 9.99 a month per camera!!!! And i have 3 so not paying that price. So i have bought a smart hub which ive set up BUT the battery on 2 died within hours and notifications were off the chart like every min because obviously there is a horse in her stable. Can it not just record 24/7 to my hard drive?? As motion detect isnt suitable on 2 of the 3 cameras. But it seems the only way to get recorded footage 🙈🙈 SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!
Thanks X
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anouskax,

The Arlo Secure multi-camera plan starts at 9.99 per month for unlimited cameras. This price is not per camera. For more information on subscription plans, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

Arlo Essential cameras are battery operated. High usage will increase battery consumption. Depending on your use case, you may be able to limit the time spent recording each day by disarming the camera when recording isn't necessary or installing a solar panel to keep the battery topped off during the day.

JamesC