Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Sakis74
Tutor
Tutor

Hey.

When i use browsers to see live from my Arlo camera , it asks many times for "one-time authentication code" and "click to trust browesr". How i can stop that ? I have just a laptop with its browsers , and all the time i have to authinicate the same device(s) and browsers. Please stop that. One time per machine os enough.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. It's a security measure caused by other camera manufacturers having hackers break into home systems (do you recall the Ring cameras being hacked and hackers speaking to and monitoring young children from a couple of years ago?). 2FA (two factor authentication) is a fact of life in today's world.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Every browser? Are you using some sort of setting that discards cookies or maybe you're using incognito mode? Have you flused the cache and cleared cookies? 

Sakis74
Tutor
Tutor

Hey.

Yes all browsers. But by default i use Edge for camera streaming , because it has less interrupts.

I use the "Basic" mode for cookies of Edge. With that it asks OTP every 15 days. Is that NORMAL ?

ScreenShot_20230724150322.jpeg

I will try to flused the cache , cleared cookies and disable completely the safe of Edge.

But the basic question is that is normal to ask for OTP every 15 days ?

Cause if thats normal , i guess nothing of the above will change that.

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, I can't read what I assume may be Greek so that image doesn't help me. However, to answer your specific question, yes, you must renew the authorization for each browser every 2 weeks.

Sakis74
Tutor
Tutor

It just shows the "Basic" mode for cookies. 

There is no way to avoid the renew every 14 days ? 

If not , please add this ability. 

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No. It's a security measure caused by other camera manufacturers having hackers break into home systems (do you recall the Ring cameras being hacked and hackers speaking to and monitoring young children from a couple of years ago?). 2FA (two factor authentication) is a fact of life in today's world.

Sakis74
Tutor
Tutor

That isnt so smart. My camera checks a public road. Whats the danger.

Anyway the user must have the ability to do any setting with its own camera.

Also all the browsers and programs even antivirus have option about security level settings.😔