Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential outdoor camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RDMitch
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have two devices accessing the account and two cameras. We can only get one of the two cameras to connect to my phone. The second phone shows both cameras live armed active. However on my phone only one camera is working. the other is "offline". If I try to add it, it pairs with my phone and bumps the other account off it. we don't know how to get this camera to show on both devices.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RDMitch wrote:
We have two devices accessing the account and two cameras. 

Normally you need different accounts for different phones, because there is only one login allowed at a time for the account.  The secondary account is called a "friend" account.

So on-board both cameras on one account on one phone.  Then set up the "friend" account for the other phone.   I suggest accepting the "friend" invitation on a PC - it tends to go better if you do that.

RDMitch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Stephen, yes we've done that. We have two accounts, we granted access to the 2nd phone from my phone account. However it made us pair the cameras to the new device (with a qr code scan). Now we have one camera showing on both devices, but when we paired the 2nd camera with the invited guest phone, I lost access. But the camera is online. It works in the one phone but shows offline on the other. It seems that this camera will only pair with one device.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RDMitch wrote:
 but when we paired the 2nd camera with the invited guest phone,

You shouldn't have done that (and the app doesn't force you to do that).  Though it does prompt you to add a camera when you first install it, and you do need to dismiss that prompt.

Options now are to

1. remove the camera from the "friend" account, and set them both up to the main account.  If you do this now, I think you will lose the trial subscription.
  2. send a friend invite from the "guest" account back to the main account, so you can see both camera.

The drawbacks of (2) are

1. you don't get all control functions from friend access, and over time it is confusing to track what account owns each camera.
  2. Subscriptions can't span two accounts, so if you have > 3 cameras you won't be able to take advantage of the savings of the multi-camera subscription.

But you could do (2) for now, and then fix it when the trial is about to expire.