Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ErVolpe
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve struggled for days to have my Arlo Essential Spotlight connect to WiFI through my iPhone 12. I’d done everything that Arlo support suggests: set WiFi only to 2.4 GHz (no 5 GHz as Arlo doesn’t support), switch off WiFi autojoin and WiFi assist on IOS as their support suggest, but still nothing worked. The camera was visible on WiFI, it did the 3 blue flashes and it chimes after you scan the QR code. But then nothing, no video and no connection. I wanted to return the product, but then I came across a post that is very well hidden in the support community: forget your iPhone, use my.Arlo.com and a PC with a Chrome browser. So I followed the same activation process from the PC, the camera flashed for 3 blue blinks, did a factory reboot (amber blinks, then release), the camera chimed after scanning the QR code and: voila’ IT WAS ONLINE!
So for everyone who is stuck in connecting or activating the camera, forget about trying with your phone. Take you PC, logon to my.Arlo.com, follow the installation process and it works. In my case it made the difference between 5 hours of unsuccessful attempts (and loads of frustration) and 5 minutes of easy set-up and finally being able to use the camera!
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

with the latest release of iOS 14.6? ( and new 12 ) there have been a few problems pop up... takes time to fix now and then

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ErVolpe
Initiate
Initiate
This was with IOS 12.6 and the new 12. It was impossible to connect through the phone, whereas with the PC and browser it took me 3 mins total!
beezle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for this post!  I was having trouble setting my new Essential Spotlight from my phone app (I have 2 others I set up in the past without issues).  Tried it on PC and it worked perfectly.  Yay!