Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo does not send out Verification code for a new device login

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlocamissues
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo does not send out Verification code for a new device login, so I can’t log into mt account with my new phone. Any ideas in how to resolve this?
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you use email verification?

emay1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had been using the Arlo app on my iPhone 6, and yesterday I bought an iPhone 13.  When I tried to sign into my Arlo app, I got a message that said, "device not recognized".  They said they were sending verification codes to both my iPhone and my email address, but I never received any codes, despite checking my junk mail, making sure I wasn't blocking any messages, repeatedly deleting and reinstalling the Arlo app.  My system is completely unusable to me, both on my computer (I had never used my computer to use the app before, so it was classified as an "unrecognized device") and my iPhone.   The automated chat on the Arlo website does not recognize this problem after many attempts, and there is no recourse to speak with a live person to solve the problem.  What can I do?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@emay1 wrote:

When I tried to sign into my Arlo app, I got a message that said, "device not recognized".  They said they were sending verification codes to both my iPhone and my email address, but I never received any codes,  

Have you ever received email verifications before you got the new phone?

Are you perchance using comcast for your email?

emay1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Before I got my new phone, I very reliably got both text messages and email notifications for motion detection on the Arlo cameras.  I had not used the code verification function on my previous phone.  And yes, my email is through Comcast.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@emay1 wrote:

And yes, my email is through Comcast.

My understanding from other forums is that Comcast blocks mail from amazonses.com (Amazon's simple e-mail service).  The verification emails are sent using that service.  I believe you need to contact Comcast support and ask them to whitelist that domain for you.