Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Spotlight Essential VMC2030 Not charging, not connecting to base station, not staying online

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
agin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brand new Arlo Spotlight Essential VMC2030 set of three cameras. First two cameras connected to existing base station no problem, both performed firmware updates as part of installation and had no issues. Both those cameras are currently operable. The firmware update was 1.090.27.6_45_1583184. THIRD camera on the other hand, completely useless. This camera would not sync and did nothing when the button was pushed. Would blink blue when on charger cable but will not charge. I did finally get the firmware update to go thru on this one *I THINK* but only after installing it without the base station. It will not connect to the base station at all. After I finally get the device added into the app, the charging status only ever shows an upward plug, never shows a percentage or a lightning bolt. Also after about 8-10 minutes goes offline without the option to turn back on. HELP! 

Battery is NOT removable on this model, have tried different charging cables because I have an additional two cameras on this account at a different house. Have tried resetting EVERYTHING, same outcome. 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

agin,

Consider removing the problematic camera from your account, make sure it is fully charged and then perform a factory reset following the instructions here: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

After the reset is complete, re-onboard the camera and test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

agin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have done this, same outcome. Camera does not charge no matter if synced to my app or not. 

marisap
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my camera. Tried resetting, works for a while then says camera is cold (weather is warm out). Bring it in to charge and it takes at least 1 day before it will charge. Very unstable camera. Now it shows a plug when charging so can't even tell when it's at 100%

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support to start the replacement process.

marisap
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is says I need to talk to the Technical Support department to see if I can get a RMA. Is this an issue that they are aware of or will they try to get me to buy a new one? Right now it's useless. Staying offline

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@marisap wrote:

Is this an issue that they are aware of or will they try to get me to buy a new one?  

Well, you'll need to contact support either way.

If you just purchased, then check if you are still within the seller's return window.  That might be faster than getting an RMA from support.