Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
psrichmond
Star
Star

Hello, 

Looking for confirmation that the VMB4540-100NAS Arlo Pro SmartHub base station is compatible for essential spotlight cameras.  

This page seems to indicate that it is: 

https://www.arlo.com/en_be/support/faq/000062420/Can-I-connect-my-Arlo-Essential-wire-free-camera-to...

But on the purchase page, under "See compatible devices" the essential spotlight cameras are not specifically mentioned: 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMB4540-100NAS.html

thanks in advance!

Paul

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@psrichmond wrote:

Looking for confirmation that the VMB4540-100NAS Arlo Pro SmartHub base station is compatible for essential spotlight cameras.  

It is - see

psrichmond
Star
Star

Thank you.  I did see that page as well.  It just concerns me that on the purchase page the compatible camera list does not include the Essential Spotlight Cameras (see below).  Maybe this is just a high level list?

unnamed.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@psrichmond wrote:

Thank you.  I did see that page as well.  It just concerns me that on the purchase page the compatible camera list does not include the Essential Spotlight Cameras (see below).  Maybe this is just a high level list?

I've seen several mistakes in the various compatible device lists - you've found another one.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS  ) so they can get it corrected.

psrichmond
Star
Star

Thank you!  It would be great to know 100% before purchasing it. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@psrichmond wrote:

Thank you!  It would be great to know 100% before purchasing it. 

It's definitely a mistake - I have paired an Essential Spotlight with this smarthub.  Though you can directly connect the Essential cameras to your home wifi as well.  

You will need a subscription for cloud storage.

psrichmond
Star
Star

Thank you for posting this.  I think I'll go ahead and order it.  

Connecting to the wifi works but drains the batteries quickly because the wifi is turned off in this location frequently.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback. As StephenB mentioned you sure can connect to the SmartHubs listed. I am looking in to this listing as well.

Thanks!