Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Arlo Essential..

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Globug71
Follower
Follower

Label me INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED with Arlo's evolution and continuing "security related" changes and updates.

Arlo Corp, you continue to make changes that are making it more difficult for the average homeowner to use  your cameras. I initially recommended (beginning 4 years ago) your cameras to all of my friends and family. They purchased them too.. 

I currently have 10 exterior cameras on my property, so I have spent quite a bit of money on Arlo products.

Now, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone..

Your "Activity Zones" have NEVER worked, even after setting and resetting them multiple times, I still get notifications outside of the zone I selected.

Your two-step verification process means that every time I want to check the cameras on another tablet at work, at home or elsewhere, I have to suffer through receiving a "push message" to verify and make it a "trusted device". I have made my other tablets and PC's trusted-devices many times, and I continue to have to keep doing it. THIS IS INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING!

This push-message comes to my phone, which I may not always have on me, as was the case when I was in the British Virgin Islands two weeks ago without my phone (company phone couldn't leave the country) and my Arlo cameras were useless because I couldn't approve my wife's ipad to view them without my phone.

I prefer to view my cameras from work on my company desktop PC and originally, I could login to Arlo on Internet Explorer, then I had to switch to something else, then later you made another change and only Chrome works.

TODAY!, I get a new message that I cannot login to Arlo on the PC unless I download the Arlo App or disable two step verification. IS THIS A JOKE? I can't (I'm not alone) download your APP on my work PC and your own company has made two-step verification MANDATORY! Surely, you know this?

Simultaneously today, I couldn't login to my phone either after many attempts and kept getting a "timeout" message! I ended up having to delete and then reinstall your app to get in..

I am one failure by your company to find a workaround for me with this two-step verification process from ditching your cameras, going to a competitor and telling everyone I know to avoid your system like the plague.

I'd appreciate some feedback from corporate.

Kevin Scott

0 REPLIES 0