Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kruz219
Star
Star
My apologies if this was asked and answered (I did do a search) but does this camera NOT record when "Audio is Detected". On my Pro and Pro 2 cameras I have that option. And also has anyone found an answer as to how bright the spotlight is? I'm currently running Arlo Security Lights in conjuction with my Pro and Pro 2 cameras. If the light is bright enough maybe I can do away with the Security Lights. I just purchased one Essentials camera today and have not tested the light output yet but thought I'd ask while I was here.
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kruz219,

Arlo Essential Spotlight camera will detect on motion only. Audio triggering is not available.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcfox1
Master
Master

I just set mine up yesterday and do not have that option for recording for audio detected.  Not sure when Arlo is going to put out more documentation other then FAQ like a manual. 

Kruz219
Star
Star
Thanks. I wish Arlo would put out more info before sending products out to the marketplace.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kruz219,

Arlo Essential Spotlight camera will detect on motion only. Audio triggering is not available.

JamesC

mgfoobar
Tutor
Tutor

1// Will this information be added to the product page or FAQ?

2// Any plans to make audio detection available on the Arlo Essential in the future?