Arlo Essential

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dannysgirl4
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • I’m sure from what I read that others have had this issue. I have only owned this set of cameras for a couple of years and only use them sometimes at night. Well, last year one of the cameras quit charging back in November 2023 and now I have a second camera that quit charging! This is really unacceptable to the fact that you cannot replace the battery which I did not know when I purchased them and for what you pay for the set, they should last longer than two years. Is there anyway that Arlo reimburses or replaces the cameras that will not charge again? Thank you to anybody that can help with this situation. I truly appreciate it. 
6 REPLIES 6
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Dannysgirl4 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Have you tried a different power adapter and cable?

Dannysgirl4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes sir , the power box charges the other cameras fine so I don’t think it would be that. Another thing I notice is that the 2 red lights in front of camera started flashing off and on when trying to charge and then after I unplug it from charging . The other camera I have that stopped working also fid the same thing?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try reinserting the battery to see what happens?

Dannysgirl4
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the essentials . I didn’t know you can take the battery out?? Do you know how ?? Please 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannysgirl4 wrote:

This is the essentials . I didn’t know you can take the battery out?? Do you know how ?? Please 

@jguerdat didn't realize they were Essentials.  You can't take the battery out of any of the Essential cameras.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Oops. Thanks for covering for me...