Arlo Essential won't stop notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MobileJim
Follower
Follower

Well, I am about done with the Arlo Essential camera.  Two of my four need to be recharged more than once per month.  One will only hold a charge for 4 days.  My current issue is that even though I have removed two cameras in the Arlo app, I still receive low battery alerts every 15 seconds or so.  Pretty dang annoying.  I will not be physically near these devices for several months so I cannot go in and change the mode settings.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual battery life issue is a poor signal between the camera and hub or router, depending on how they're connecting. Since you seem to have issues with all cameras, you would need to check for some wireless device, perhaps near the router/hub, that also uses the 2.4GHz band that could be interfering with the signal. If using a hub, moving it away from the router would be useful. Of course, you need someone with physical access for all of this.

It's also possible that it's house construction causing the signal issue. Things like the wire mesh that some stucco is attached to can block the signal but heavy stone or brick houses have also been the source of problems.

As for battery alerts for cameras that have been removed, I don't know that there's anything you can do other than to set a filter in your email client so you don't see them. Of course, that will block any such alert depending on how finely you set up that filter (use the camera name as part of the filter). 

NathanClifton
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah. Mine has been doing this for the last 20 minutes. Got over one hundred emails and notifications from the app each. I tried turning the camera off in the app and removing the camera from my account and nothing stopped them. Tried muting notifications in the app, closing the app and nothing stopped them. Eventually after 20 minutes, it stopped. This past month of issues with unstoppable spamming notifications and battery issues have me at the point of switching to something besides an Arlo.