Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Rondaji
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras just started not recording within my storage cloud. I’ve walked passed all my cameras and the motion is detecting me but I’m not receiving any notification via the app nor is it recording the activities this has been in going for the last 3-4 days. I’ve troubleshooted turned cameras on and off, reset the notification, armed and disarmed and restarted the cameras nothing. I went live it’s picking up everything but no recording. I need help
13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode are you using? What base or hub? Have you tried a different drive for the local recordings?

Rondaji
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m using armed mode; i don’t have a HUB or drive my files are saved in the cloud I pay for monthly.
Rondaji
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m using armed mode; i don’t have a HUB or drive my files are saved in the cloud I pay for monthly.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription? The 3 month trial may have expired. The camera needs a subscription for cloud recordings. If you have a sub, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. That should clear out any weirdness.

antoine12
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have had two camera subscribed not trial and pay monthly 

they are both places on one side at same level at 7foot height

all was working fine for months and now one of the camera won't record to the cloud at all the other one does

so i switched them, although the one that was recording upond switching it to the other not recording camera, same issue

i can record manually. all the modes are armed, sensitivity works, internet ver strong, it just won't record anymore

i replaced it again with another new camera. my subscription is valid and arlo keep sending me to the same troubleshooting techniques that I already have done, believe me i spent days on this trying different things, it's not the position of the camera since I did not change it while it was recording before. I am wondering if the cloud have problems for two weeks now it has been.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

antoine12,

Try removing, factory resetting and then re-onboarding the camera as if it were new. After re-onboarding is complete, check Settings > Subscription > Manage cameras to be sure the camera is associated with your subscription plan.

You can find instructions to factory reset the camera here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

JamesC

antoine12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James, but I already did this.

On top of it, although I already paid for 2 camera subscribption and the beginning of the month for the two camera by removing and adding camera as new Arlo charged yet again for a camera that was already subscribed.

This is the other issue, if one camera does not work, you remove it and readd another camera you are still left with one camera and arlo charges you yet again for it.

I have two cameras hooked up and I have unused another 2 cameras so I hooked that up by removing and adding the new camera same issue Plus another charge for the replacement camera form arlo

What I don't understand, I have done nothing different in terms of camera position etc and it was all working fine up until two weeks ago, out of the blue it won't record anymore

Nimal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had VMB4000 base station with Arlo Pro 2 cameras. Adding a recent Arlo Essential H8 spotlight stop recording to local after first recharge. It sends notifications. So I recently got new Hub VMB4540r3 after reading these posts, and the behavior is same. Arlo Essentail Spot lights not recording locally. It has nothing to do with Hub station version. 

antoine12
Aspirant
Aspirant

the recording is back now on it's own

this leads me to believe it's a cloud issue, it works fine now and i did not do anything 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@antoine12 wrote:

this leads me to believe it's a cloud issue, it works fine now and i did not do anything 

Sounds likely.

antoine12
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of the camera stopped recording again it was fine yesterday
Was working fine and now stopped recording motion to cloud
How many time do I have to reset camera per day for this to work and stay working
No more arlo for me
Leve13
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your active mode to see if there's a rule for the camera. If using the default Armed mode, the rule should already be there.