Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential my charging light blinks but app doesn't show charging

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DreDay2533
Follower
Follower

Hello. I’ve plugged up my camera to charge. The light blinks blue but when I checked on the app it doesn’t show that it’s being charged. I used the cable that came with the camera but to no avail. What do I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware update for Essential cameras has been released resolving this issue.

For more information, take a look here: 

Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera VMC2030 - 1.080.23.2_20_76711bde - 30th November 2020

Arlo Essential Camera VMC2020 - 1.080.23.2_20_76711bde - 30th November 2020

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried a different charger that supplies 5V, 2A?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DreDay2533,

If you check Settings > My Devices > select the camera > does it show that battery level increasing?

JamesC

beezle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been having the same issue.  I think the problem is not with the actual charging, but with the battery indicator on both the app and the web page.  Neither seem to update with the latest battery status.  I chatted with Arlo support and they told be some useless things to try (like deleting and reinstalling the app, logging out and back in).  Latest thing they said to try was to let it run down completely, then charge for 2 to 3 hours.  I cannot tell when the battery runs down, other than it will stop working, so I will wait for that and see what happens.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating this issue. We hope to have a fix available soon. I will provide an update once we have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new firmware update for Essential cameras has been released resolving this issue.

For more information, take a look here: 

Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera VMC2030 - 1.080.23.2_20_76711bde - 30th November 2020

Arlo Essential Camera VMC2020 - 1.080.23.2_20_76711bde - 30th November 2020

JamesC