Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
anikabryk87
Follower
Follower

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked many times before, but interested in purchasing an essentials 2pack here in NZ and I was wondering if there is still free cloud storage? I see there is a premier account but is 7 days still free or is it only instant notifications? Also I have a home server (Synology NAS) if I were to buy a hub, could I hook it up for local storage ?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription for cloud recordings and has been this way for a couple of years now. 

If connected to a hub, you can get local recordings onto a USB drive or microSD card (depends on the hub) that can be accessed by the app. A NAS isn't going to work as local storage unless it's one that I don't know about that allows a USB connection to be used dynamically. Most NASes use a USB port solely for importing files, not for storage from something such as a hub.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription for cloud recordings and has been this way for a couple of years now. 

If connected to a hub, you can get local recordings onto a USB drive or microSD card (depends on the hub) that can be accessed by the app. A NAS isn't going to work as local storage unless it's one that I don't know about that allows a USB connection to be used dynamically. Most NASes use a USB port solely for importing files, not for storage from something such as a hub.