Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential VMC2030 not recording or alerting motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LNZ
Follower
Follower

Our Arlo Essential VMC2030 is no longer detecting motion or making recordings for motion.  No recordings are showing up on the app or online.

I have done the following:

1 - made sure that the camera is armed.

2 - Made a manual recording, and this shows up in the app and online.

Please let me know, what I should do.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LNZ wrote:

Our Arlo Essential VMC2030 is no longer detecting motion or making recordings for motion.  No recordings are showing up on the app or online.

I have done the following:

1 - made sure that the camera is armed.

2 - Made a manual recording, and this shows up in the app and online.

Please let me know, what I should do.

Next step is to run the motion detection test, and make sure the camera's PIR motion sensors are working properly.  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In addition, since these cameras need a subscription for cloud recordings, check Settings, Subscription to verify that you have at least the trial sub that came with the camera. If that has run out, you'll need to subscribe to a plan for those cloud recordings. If you have a supported base or hub that the cameras are connected to, you can use local recordings instead of cloud recordings. Not the same thing and requires extra effort but potentially workable.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

In addition, since these cameras need a subscription for cloud recordings ...

@LNZ:  Since you can make and access a manual recording, you definitely have a subscription in place.