Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Indy78210
Aspirant
Aspirant

I own both an Essential Spotlight and Pro 4 cameras, both connected through a VMB4000 Base station with an USB key. All motion alerts of the Pro 4 and registered locally. For the Essential Spotlight, I get the alerts but no videos are recorded. Is this a bug ?

8 REPLIES 8
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Indy78210 wrote:

I own both an Essential Spotlight and Pro 4 cameras, both connected through a VMB4000 Base station with an USB key. All motion alerts of the Pro 4 and registered locally. For the Essential Spotlight, I get the alerts but no videos are recorded. Is this a bug ?

Are you saying you are not seeing them on the cloud or not even on the base. The cam came with a 3 month trial for cloud storage and smart features did that expire?

Indy78210
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a current active trial, up to 28/2, on the Pro 4 cam. Nothing for the Essential Spotlight.

With the VMB4000, I expected to have record on the USB key for both cams ?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Indy78210 wrote:

I got a current active trial, up to 28/2, on the Pro 4 cam. Nothing for the Essential Spotlight.

With the VMB4000, I expected to have record on the USB key for both cams ?

On the 4000 you have to eject the USB drive or thumb drive (if that is what you mean by key) and view it on a computer if you are trying to view on the app since you cant on the app. If you are doing that try pulling and reinserting the battery on the essential cam that isn't giving you even Base recordings to reboot it or reboot the base to start if you have not did any troubleshooting yet. 

Indy78210
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks ! I'll try that and tell you if it works

Indy78210
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got more details as I tried to check the cam on my.arlo.com : the motion detection option is checked gray on the Essential Spotlight. I cannot uncheck or fully check it. I don't have this issue on any of the other Arlo products I have I wonder if that's not a bug.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Indy78210,

Consider removing the camera from Settings > My Devices > select the camera.

After it has been removed, resync and test again. Do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Indy78210
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did it twice already, and still the same behaviour as you can see on the capture thereafter.

IMG_9EFD80930A6A-1.jpeg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Indy78210,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC