Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Battery won't hold charge

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CJB38
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 of these cameras.  They were all installed at the same time under a month ago.  3 still have Batt life at 55 to 70%. 1 has been charged 3 times since installation.  All settings are the same to maximize battery life.  If there is any other reason that anyone knows of beside a defective camera or battery.  Please educate me....Also if it is a defective camera / battery how do I get a hold of a person to deal with it.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CJB38 wrote:

If there is any other reason that anyone knows of beside a defective camera or battery.  Please educate me...

Main factors for battery life are

• amount of video streaming the camera is doing
  • quality of the wifi signal
  • temperature (batteries don't last as long when it's cold).

I think it's most productive to explore the the amount of streaming first.  Turn off activity zones (if you use them), as that will mask the amount of camera activity.  Let that run for a while, then then estimate the number of minutes of video being recorded per day.  Let us know what that number is.

CJB38
Aspirant
Aspirant

I live in Florida so cold is out.  I have another camera on the other side of the front of my home facing the same direction as the one that is losing charge.  I have 2 on the backside also.  Only this one is the problem.  I have everything off that can cause extra battery drainage.  I charged it on Thursday May 14 it is showing low battery as of this morning May 19.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can still exchange the problem camera with the seller, then perhaps do that next.  Exchanging with the seller is often easier (and I think you'd need to pay to ship your faulty camera to Arlo if you use Arlo support).

If that is not an option, then I suggest that you first swap the two front cameras, and confirm that the problem moves with the camera.  Then contact Arlo support (using the phone support option in the app), and ask for an RMA.