Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ability to Adjust Motion Sensor is Missing

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DRW514
Guide
Guide

Following the roll-out of yesterday’s new app version, I can now again arm and disarm my cameras. However, I am not finding where to adjust the motion sensors or how long a video records? Have these features moved and I’m just not finding them?

On breezy days, it used to be easy to adjust the motion sensors if the wind was blowing our porch swing and our cameras were going off non-stop.  Is anyone else having this issue following this latest update?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DRW514 wrote:

Following the roll-out of yesterday’s new app version, I can now again arm and disarm my cameras. However, I am not finding where to adjust the motion sensors or how long a video records? Have these features moved and I’m just not finding them?

It sounds like you are using a "friend" account (since the bug with modes didn't affect the primary account).   Adjusting the motion sensitivity has to be done from the primary account.

DRW514
Guide
Guide

Yes.  I am a shared user, however, I am an owner of the cameras.  I had access to these features prior to the 4.6 app update.  I adjusted the motion sensitivity frequently.  I don’t understand the need for Arlo to keep trying to “fix” things that are not broken.  

I am asking that this feature be reinstated for Admin Shared users or, better yet, offer more specific buttons for the main user to be able to give shared users access to any or all functions.  I can understand limiting access for some users (ex. children), but co-owners (ex. husband/wife) should be able to access ALL features.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DRW514 wrote:

I can understand limiting access for some users (ex. children), but co-owners (ex. husband/wife) should be able to access ALL features.

FWIW, I don't understand why Arlo limits access to the primary account to one login at a time.

Given that they do that, it would make sense for them to have a "family account" level of sharing that did provide full control over all camera settings.