Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JKet
Tutor
Tutor

I see posts acknowledging the firmware is faulty from Arlo. Tried deleting and reinstalling and that doesn’t work; hangs on the step of trying to download latest software.

11 REPLIES 11
JW1984
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same problem. I thought they were simply needing charged. 3 worthless bricks. Not really sure how to proceed from here. Wait and hope? A partial monthly refund of monthly service cost for the days the faulty firmware is out would be a good start. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There appears to be an issue with Ultra 2s and the latest firmware. I saw a post from @JamesC indicating that a recent firmware update was being rolled back and to reboot your hub to get the cameras the firmware fix.  He also said if that doesn't work you may need to reinsert camera batteries to get them back online so they can get the update.

JKet
Tutor
Tutor

My system has a mix of Essential, Pro, and Ultra cameras. The Pro cameras have come back. I’m still trying to get the Ultra to connect with the base. However, the Essentials have an integrated battery that can’t be removed. Resetting doesn’t work. So far Arlo has not said anything about Essentials. If they don’t have a fix they better replace them or there will be a big class action law suit coming.

JKet
Tutor
Tutor

Still no word from Arlo on their faulty firmware which bricked Essential cameras. Time to look for a better camera company?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The team is investigating a firmware related issue with Ultra cameras. If you're experiencing an issue with Arlo Essential cameras, I recommend that you reach out to the Arlo support team using the Arlo Secure app under Settings > Support to open a ticket.

JamesC

Dobson5BW
Initiate
Initiate

Four of my Arlo Essential cameras are stuck awaiting firmware update, I have now logged a ticket with support and await a response !!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried rebooting the cameras? That usually allows the update to occur as they reboot.

JW1984
Tutor
Tutor

Have been working with customer service for 2 week. Factory defaults. Virtually every channel on router. Reset network settings. Used different devices. The cameras, regardless of what I do to them or if they are plugged in to a power supply, turn off after 3-5 seconds of scanning/chiming the qr code. 

I have spent over close to 5 hours and multiple calls with customer service trying to get it resolved. It is being "elevated" was where it last sat.

Had them less than 90 days. Zero issues. Firmware update completely turns them into unusable bricks that sit on the charger.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try the following steps within the article and see if that helps get them back up and running:

How to troubleshoot issues with Arlo Ultra Offline September 15, 2023

JW1984
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo support is absolute garbage. Cameras have been non-functional for excess of a month now from their firmware update. Every call is a minimum 40-100 minutes of the same crap pushing the issue off on my internet. Pressing the same buttons. Doing the same tests. Everything fully charged within 2 ft of one another. Cameras worked fine for 90 days. Junk after firmware update. Same circular finger pointing from support team. Not once have their said, hey plug in your Cameras to a laptop and try XYZ. Or maybe even, here is a new camera to try out. Always the same escalation after factory resetting and restarting router doesn't work. Stand up company breaks the product that worked but still charges 2 cycles (despite me telling customer service to stop the billing) for when they have bricked the product. This is the essential first generation cameras. I'm guessing at their tail end of production. 

JW1984
Tutor
Tutor

Keep me updated on any class action lawsuit. They made 3 bricks and have been thoughtful enough to bill 2 cycles for services not being rendered.