• 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bill57
Initiate
Initiate

Already screwed up and spent 275.00 for a scam 3 year subscription 

Searching for (Arlo subscription)

I some how got to the subscription page didn't want the 7.99 plan tried to get the 12.99 plan but it wouldn't let me hit no plan after the 12.99 subscription button and seems to tell me I get to pay 12.99 for NO PLAN ?

Now I can't even get back to that page It's not in the support page, I've went into Arlo safe, (I think this isn't what I want), Arlo secure ( I don't think this is it either) WHY DOESN'T ARLO JUST ADD IT TO THE CAMERA APP . THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.  Never had such costly and difficult  a time to get a subscription in my life 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bill57 wrote:

WHY DOESN'T ARLO JUST ADD IT TO THE CAMERA APP 

Because if they do that, Apple/Google would take 30% of the amount you pay.    IMO that's far too much, so If I were in Arlo's shoes I wouldn't do it that way either.

Anyway, you definitely want Arlo Secure. You can get either monthly or yearly.  Personally I suggest monthly (at least for US subscribers) because the savings for yearly are fairly small, and Arlo doesn't provide refunds if you cancel.

With "Feed" (the interface for second gen cameras), the navigation steps are

(1) sign into my.arlo.com on a PC

(2) Click the down arrow next to "Secure" on the upper left of the page

step1.png

3. Click on "My Arlo Account" (the bottom choice on the screenshot above)

4. Make sure you have selected "Arlo Secure" on the left pane.  You should see "Arlo Secure Subscription" at the top of the page.