Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

VMC3050Aer1.4 - Incompatibility of Generation 2 devices with Arlo Smart Hub VMB4540r3

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
kailuakane
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased three Essential Outdoor - Generation 2 cameras to add to the other Arlo cameras (Generation 1) already installed on my home network. All of my Generation 1 cameras (Essential, Pro, and Doorbell devices) connect to my network via an Arlo VMB4540 Smart Hubs, which provides me local storage capability. Unfortunately, Arlo support told me the Generation 2 cameras are NOT compatible with Arlo Smart Hubs. This is very disappointing. I will be returning my Generation 2 cameras. I will no longer purchase Arlo cameras. I will no longer recommend Arlo to customers, friends, and family.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While it is true that Essential 2nd generation devices are not yet compatible with Base Stations/SmartHubs the development team is currently working on an enhancement to allow this compatibility with a future firmware update. We will provide an announcement here on the community once this firmware is available.

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While it is true that Essential 2nd generation devices are not yet compatible with Base Stations/SmartHubs the development team is currently working on an enhancement to allow this compatibility with a future firmware update. We will provide an announcement here on the community once this firmware is available.

JamesC

kailuakane
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great news! I look forward to the new enhancement and the ability to connect Gen 2 devices to my Smart Hub. Thank you.