Essential 2nd generation washed out image/shades of pink

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Kipper5
Follower
Follower

Got my new Essential camera connected today but the video or picture has be terrible color and image quality.  It is basically just shades of pink and looks washed out?  WiFi connection is great.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The firmware version resolving this issue was released to your cameras overnight. Please test again and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

I wonder if the camera brightness control is set too high. Look in the camera video settings, should be 0 or +1 for best picture.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kipper5,

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue and will be releasing a firmware update to address these concerns.

I will provide more information once this firmware update is available.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The firmware version resolving this issue was released to your cameras overnight. Please test again and let us know if you're still experiencing this issue.

JamesC

Mglea
Initiate
Initiate

I read there was firmware released to correct this. It has not corrected mine.

please advise.

thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mglea,

The issue being discussed here is relevant to Essential 2nd generation outdoor cameras, you appear to have a Pro 4 camera. Can you verify the model number for your device and are you able to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

JamesC

Kantup5
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem with 2 of my cameras. They say a fix has been released. How do I get that ?

Kantup5
Tutor
Tutor

Do the cameras get updated automatically or is there something I need to do ?

Kantup5
Tutor
Tutor

IMG_5401.jpeg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kantup5,

The cameras will update automatically. I've taken a look a the devices you have associated with your account and you do not appear to have any Essential 2nd Generation devices, so the fix mentioned here may not apply. What model are the devices you have that are experiencing the issue?

JamesC

Kantup5
Tutor
Tutor

1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d

H4

AA38227FA138C

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kantup5,

That s/n is associated with an Arlo Pro 4 camera. I encourage you to remove and reinsert the battery for that device, allow it to come back online and test again to see if you experience the same behavior. If you still have the same issue, I recommend reaching out to the Arlo Support team using the Arlo app under Settings > Support to open a ticket and further investigate the issue.

JamesC

Kantup5
Tutor
Tutor

I contacted support after replacing the battery with no improvement. Dealing with support is a very painful process. My cameras are remote and they want me to give them the serial number which they should have access to, Then he wanted a video, then he advised taking the battery out, then advised to reset  remove and ad the camera back in. One camera is in Michigan where it's 20 degrees and another is in the Virgin Islands. Pretty difficult to reset and resync cameras especially if support knows the problem will not be resolved after the dog n pony show. Very frustrating !!