Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kylexz
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I open the app and start following the instructions, there is only Essential Cameras and my 2nd generation cameras are not making the chime with the wrong QR code.

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED 

Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kylexz wrote:

When I open the app and start following the instructions, there is only Essential Cameras

Where are you located?  The Essential Gen 2 cameras aren't shown in every country (only countries where Arlo offers them for sale).

IMO not a great approach on their part.

Kylexz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can I download the app and get the QR code in a country where it is offered and use a screenshot of it?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kylexz wrote:

Can I download the app and get the QR code in a country where it is offered and use a screenshot of it?

Not sure I completely understand what you are suggesting. 

What you'd need to do is create an account using a VPN that is terminated in a country where Arlo offers the camera.  Once the account is created, you'd need to disconnect the VPN before adding the camera. 

Alternatively, create the account while in a country where the camera is supported.

You will need a subscription to get cloud storage, and that might require a payment method from the country the account was created in.