Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Ivevero23
Follower
Follower

I’m in Puerto Rico and I’m trying to connect my 4 new essential outdoor camara and I’m unable to connect because The 2nd gen option does not appear in the app. There is a solution for these 

19 REPLIES 19
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Essential 2 cameras require the latest version of the Arlo app user interface to complete installation. This version of the interface is not yet available in all regions, which will prevent onboarding some Arlo camera models including Essential 2. We will make an announcement once this is available in your region.

JamesC

carlos5981
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I am nin same situation. Bought the cameras on my last trip to USA and I live in Uruguay, South america. Cant find the cameras in the App. When will this be uploaded to my region?? Thanks

Aboggs
Initiate
Initiate

I live in Las Vegas,  NV and am having the same issue

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carlos5981,

I don't have any information at this time for when these devices will be available for installation in Uruguay.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aboggs,

The latest version of the Arlo app user experience is available for users located within the United States. Are you able to provide more details about what you're experiencing?

JamesC

carlos5981
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Thanks for the reply, kin a separate mail you ask what seems to be the issue, so the answer is that the app doesnt seem to include the camera that have the button on top, so its not possible to finish the setup. Its a shame, I can not return the items. Is there somewhere I can ask if there in an intention of Arlo covering this area??

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Aboggs
Initiate
Initiate

We did everything suggested by the person we chatted with but our cameras will still not connect with the app. It shows up that it is connected to our wifi but once it does connect to our wifi then the app just repeatedly says wrong password. We switched to 2.4, we reset cameras, we confirmed all settings were correct. We were going to buy the base but we don't know if it's compatible with these cameras or if that will even work. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing issues onboarding new devices. For more information and updates, see here: https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

carlos5981
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James, have some difficulty to understand functioning of this Chat. Again, as stated earlier, I live in Uruguay and cant use my Arlo cameras, the app wont recognize them (upper button). Do you think it is possible to fix this using a VPN (USA)? Many thanks in advance. BR Carlos 

carlos5981
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James any new regarding this onboarding?? Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carlos5981,

Onboarding Essential 2 devices is not available in Uruguay at this time. I do not have any information on when this will be available.

JamesC

Shshbaz35
Initiate
Initiate

Hello I bought 3 cameras 2nd generation I bring here my home country in Western Samoa I try to connect my camera with phone the camera 2nd generation no appear inside they app how can I connect please 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shshbaz35,

2nd Generation devices are not available for install in all regions at this time. While we do plan to expand the regions in which the cameras can be purchased/installed, I do not have any information available to share at this time.

JamesC

Florrie
Initiate
Initiate
Why are you being so vague. -just tell us what countries is works in! Retailers and Arlo have a responsibility to tell buyers that it doesn’t work in all locations. It’s just wrong that we have to beg you for more information.
swoopBAZ
Initiate
Initiate

Hi my father-in-law is having trouble setting up his new essential 2 cameras with the solar panels, for some reason his app doesn’t have the cameras to be pick. On my app it shows the essential cameras 2nd gen as an option to be pick, what is the reason his app doesn’t have it? Thanks in advance 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@swoopBAZ wrote:

Hi my father-in-law is having trouble setting up his new essential 2 cameras with the solar panels, for some reason his app doesn’t have the cameras to be pick. On my app it shows the essential cameras 2nd gen as an option to be pick, what is the reason his app doesn’t have it? Thanks in advance 

Is he in the same country as you are ?

Wachala101
Initiate
Initiate

James and Arlo: US citizen here who works oversees. When will 2nd generation be available for overseas work? Currently in the Philippines. 
I urge Arlo to open this up soon! There are several on this  page alone inquiring over the last several months. 
thank you in  advance . 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Why doesn't el paso texas count as a region that has the 2nd generation available? We are in the United States. 

Isaaccc11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm from the Philippines, can I get an update on when will you make Arlo Secure App 2nd Gen Option available here in Ph, My Grandmother purchase Arlo Essential Outdoor Camera 2nd Gen in US to be use here in the Ph