Smarthub VMB4540 not compatible with Essential 2nd genration cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Mistywoofy
Follower
Follower

Does anyone know when the Essential 2nd generation cameras will have a compatible Smarthub?? Through much searching as to why the hub will not sync to the cameras, I have found out that the hub I purchased-VMB4540 is not compatible nor are there any available that are. Very frustrating as I am trying to get my home security set up as soon as possible. I cannot return the cameras so I am stuck. A good bit of the listing info on the sites selling the hubs either do not specify it is not for the Essential 2nd gen or erroneously say that they do. That is how I ended up with a hub I cannot use. I want it for local storage. I am hoping a hub will be available soon. I am perplexed as to why there isn't one compatible now...

Thanks and I await a reply.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mistywoofy wrote:

Does anyone know when the Essential 2nd generation cameras will have a compatible Smarthub??

Arlo has said that they will add smarthub support for the 2nd gen cameras, but they haven't said when.  Hopefuyll it will be soon.

Although Arlo hasn't given details. I believe that when they do that, the cameras will be able to be paired with your VMB4540 smarthub.

Wesman2004
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates from arlo ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While we still plan to provide an update that allows 2nd generation cameras to be compatible with base stations and SmartHubs, I do not have an ETA at this time.

JamesC