Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Samlittle0815
Aspirant
Aspirant

When you purchase a product and they tell you that you have a 30 secure cloud so everything will be saved for the last 30 days.  I needed something fro yesterday 4/29/24 so I called support.  They said we no longer have them because I deleted the recording off my feed in the mobile app.  I said yes I did because I don’t need that many videos on my phone.  They said well your app is your secured cloud so if you deleted them off the app then you know longer have them.  Nowhere on the app, the website or the box it came it does it say that your phone is the secured cloud.  If you don’t tell customers that how are they supposed to know.  Then one representative try to tell me that I didn’t have the subscription that is why I was not getting the videos.   I said yes I do have one.   I just think it is false advertising that you say you have a secured cloud but don’t tell customers that it is on their cellphone and if you delete a video it is gone forever.  Because I need a video of were something of value was took from our room but I deleted them off my phone because I get 100 notifications a day now I can’t get the video because I was not informed my phone was the secured app.  The representative told me that I should of know that how would I know that if it doesn’t say it anywhere

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Note that I don't work for Arlo.

Your phone is not the "secured cloud", so you are confused on that point.  The videos were never stored on your phone in the first place, so they were not using any storage on the phone.  When you watched them you were accessing them over your internet (similar to watching a youtube video).

So when you deleted the videos, you were deleting them from the secured cloud, not your phone.  Unfortunately once you delete a video from the Feed, you cannot get it back.  Personally I think Arlo should provide a trash folder of some kind, and let you select videos to restore to the Feed.  But so far they haven't provided that.

Samlittle0815
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, thank you for that information.  I get like 100 notifications a day, so I don't like much stuff on my phone.  Unfortunately, three different agents from Arlo told me my phone was the secure cloud for me app.  I agree that there needs to be a place where you can back go and redo them if you need to go back and find one.