Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ttaylor1980
Follower
Follower

So me and my wife just bought three second generation Arlo cameras I tried to share the cameras with her and for whatever reason it wouldn’t work so with her account that she created shared the cameras with me and it worked so now we have two accounts on the app And I’m trying to delete one of the account, but it will not allow me to there is no cameras hooked to that account either . Also, that account has Arlo Secure and I’m wondering if there’s any way of transferring that to the other account or do I need to just cancel the membership?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I am a bit confused on how many accounts you have.   You need at least two:

1. your wife's - which is the primary account (the one to which the cameras were installed).
  2. your own - which is the "friend" account (the one to which the cameras are shared).

The subscription needs to be in the primary account (your wife's).

@Ttaylor1980 wrote:

Also, that account has Arlo Secure and I’m wondering if there’s any way of transferring that to the other account or do I need to just cancel the membership?

As mentioned above,  you will need a subscription in your wife's account when the trial subscription ends.  

You should cancel the subscription in any other accounts.

@Ttaylor1980 wrote:

And I’m trying to delete one of the account, but it will not allow me to there is no cameras hooked to that account either . 

Arlo does sometimes have billing issues, where they continue to bill after cancelation.  So cancel the subscription first, and then wait for at least one billing period (to confirm that billing has stopped).  Then delete the account.

Instructions for account deletion are here:

Note you have "the Arlo Secure App experience with Feed".