Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mike70gtx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Added the two new cameras, essential spotlight cameras. They showed up several months on my feed and no they don't. They are working  but not recording. It looks like it want me to pay for a service. I have never had one in the past and have an additional hard drive for storage. The chat support was a joke. How can I get it to show up on feed without a subscription. My arlo pros work without one. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mike70gtx wrote:

My arlo pros work without one. 

That's because they were sold with 7 days of free cloud storage.  Arlo stopped offering that on new camera models back in 2018 - all of the currently sold cameras require a subscription to get any cloud storage.

The VMB4000 and VMB4500 do support local recording, but they do not support playback.  The ONLY way to see recordings with those bases is to eject the storage from the app, and then connect it a PC.

Do you have one of these bases, or do you instead have VMB4540 or VMB5000 with the direct access to local storage enabled?  With those bases, local recordings are not shown in the feed.  Instead you need to select the base on the devices page, and then press "storage settings".

mike70gtx
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base is a vmb4000 It shows all devices connected to it but is only recording the older cameras that came with it

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mike70gtx wrote:

My base is a vmb4000 It shows all devices connected to it but is only recording the older cameras that came with it

Did you eject the storage and check that on a PC?