Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kangindustrial
Follower
Follower

Bought before holiday and set up at home successfully. After holiday I brought three cameras to office, I deleted these the cameras from APP, reset the cameras, then tried to add them onto APP, one set up successfully, another two didn't, when connecting to Wi-Fi, the process stopped, tried several times already. Can anyone help me out of this situation?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kangindustrial,

It's possible the factory reset did not complete successfully. Try charging the cameras to ensure the battery has enough charge to allow the reset to complete and then follow the factory reset instructions again before attempting to onboard: https://kb.arlo.com/000063225

JamesC

GraceNeary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,  I was having a terrible time having the App detect my cameras, Chime2 and Essential Doorbell (gen 2); after days of resetting, deleting app, using Macbook, iPad, iPhone, I was unable to get anything to be detected by Arlo.  Devices showed they were connected to wifi, however Arlo Networks failed to detect cameras or other devices.  I have been using Arlo since first camera in 2016.  After 10 days of technical issues, and issues with other devices on my home network, and Xfinity technician finally came to the house. After an hour of troubleshooting, he didn't know what else to do (he upgraded the router (this was the 5th time a router was changed out).  He leaves and comes back about 5 mins later and says he wants to install a Moca Filter on the end of my cable line.  Right after he did that and left, I had NO issues whatsoever connecting any of my Arlo devices, everything was easily detected by Arlo Network.  Apparently there was a lot of NOISE on the cable line, and it was interfering with Arlo's ability to detect the devices.  This all happened from 12/8/2023-12/18/2023.  Since the installation of the Moca Filter, I have had no issues with any of my devices functioning properly and no issues with connections.  All are working perfectly.  I have an Arlo Pro 4 camera (2); an Essential Doorbell, and Chime 2.  I hope this can help others.