Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cameramanossie
Follower
Follower

Hello.  I wanted to alert people to the difficulties in gaining assistance from Arlo.  I have tried for many hours to achieve effective help with the service without success.  I have decided to return the cameras to the dealer.  The main problem is that while people seem to try to help they can't!  It may be that the product is poor at least in terms of setting up wifi etc.  It may work under simple circumstances but I am not sure.  I have accessed Arlo chat help on at least 6 occasions at least totalling I would say several hours if you can believe what that is like.  We get to the same point of exhaustion of suggestions and each time I go back it is as though noone reads anything beforehand of what has occurred so we go through the same repetitive process.  They are respectful but are limited by the product it seems and its installation.  The company ie. Arlo seem to have farmed out the help and then dissociate themselves from the product altogether having made their money in the sale and expect people to give up.  The biggest problem is noone is available to speak in  dialogue verbally.  It can take several minutes for responses via text and sometimes there is little understanding as though they are from another country altogether and the language is not the best.  It would be easy if there was a system whereby one could speak to a real person who could follow through but it seems impossible as a money saving measure.  I think the best thing and in the long run economical of time, money and mental health is to pay an expert to install a more well-known brand that is reliable and known to always work.  I am sorry to say this but that is how I see it.  To finish off, the chat service in their own desperation, said they would get an "expert" to ring me.  It has not happened and so I draw the line here now and advise others be careful and be prepared to give up earlier rather than later.

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you want to rattle Arlo’s cage you should copy these comments to the arlo secure app review section of the app’s download site.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What issue are you experiencing? If you're able to provide the details here, we may be able to offer assistance on the community.

JamesC