Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Essential Indoor second generation: no motion detection after months of working fine

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Byedvob
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have multiple Arlo camera, indoor and outdoor,  battery and plug in. All are working except the indoor essential second generation. It stopped detecting motion. I tried everything. Restart. Delete camera and reinstall, pull plug and plug back into wall. Plus, I am familiar with the new Arlo app, and I have the settings correct. It also fails the motion detection test on the app. After multiple calls to tech help line, I am told there is an engineering group that will email me. I think this camera is obviously defective and I’m wondering why they just don’t replace it. It’s just several months old. Is anyone else having similar problems with this indoor camera?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Byedvob
Aspirant
Aspirant

FYI, Arlo tech staff replaced the camera.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Byedvob wrote:

I have multiple Arlo camera, indoor and outdoor,  battery and plug in. All are working except the indoor essential second generation. It stopped detecting motion. I tried everything. Restart. Delete camera and reinstall, pull plug and plug back into wall.

I think this camera is obviously defective 

It sounds like it.

Did support have you try the hardware reset?  Remove the camera from the account, and press the pairing button until the camera LED flashes amber (~15 sec).  Then reinstall it.

Byedvob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, they did not ask me to do a reset. That’s the thing I didn’t try. Worth a shot!

Byedvob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did reset and reinstalled camera. Motion detection test worked. Tried actual test walking in front of camera after resetting routine for the camera. No motion detection. And, now the motion detection test fails. Other cameras still working fine. I guess I need to call back and plead for a replacement. What more does Arlo need to know about this camera?

Byedvob
Aspirant
Aspirant

FYI, Arlo tech staff replaced the camera.