Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't turn on recording video clips

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnPRBRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already have a Arlo Go 2 at vacation house. Just added an Arlo Essential XL at home where there's Wifi. So I had to add another Secure Single camera plan. Also had to upgrade the android phone app. Now, it won't let me set the camera to record video clips when triggered. Keeps trying to force me to add CVR subscription. I don't want CVR. A support page says to login to my.arlo.com and hit Subscriptions button. Well, I can't because they've re-designed the website and it's not there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnPRBRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have completed this task. I removed the camera from "Home location" (In PC browser), reset the camera by holding down the button, and then re-added it using the android app. It is now OK and you can close the ticket. I guess what I'd say about this I wish something in the app had told me what to do rather than tell me I needed the CVR plan in order to record video clips. Or I wish that it had a feature to add the camera without these steps.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JohnPRBRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

A possibly relevant factor might be that I cancelled my trial subscription because I didn't understand that this would happen? So am I hosed until the trial WOULD HAVE run out event though I BOUGHT a subscription with real money?

JohnPRBRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Under "Change Plans" it shows my new camera under the right location "Home" but it says "No Plan Selected" and there's no way to add it to the plan, even though it says I have a "Secure Single Camera - Annual" under this same location. And the edit button is no help at all.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnPRBRT wrote:

Under "Change Plans" it shows my new camera under the right location "Home" but it says "No Plan Selected" and there's no way to add it to the plan, even though it says I have a "Secure Single Camera - Annual" under this same location. And the edit button is no help at all.

Try using a PC browser (my.arlo.com).

Arlo won't let you manage subscriptions from the iphone app (though I think it does from Android).  That is due to the Apple terms on in-app purchases.

JohnPRBRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same result - there is no apparent way to add the camera to the plan. I might have to delete the camera from the location and then re-add it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnPRBRT wrote:

Same result - there is no apparent way to add the camera to the plan. I might have to delete the camera from the location and then re-add it.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN ) as they might have other suggestions.  They can also help you access paid support (a bit problematic when the camera can't be added to the subscription plan).

One followup question - do you use the friend account feature?  If so, was the subscription purchased in the primary account?

JohnPRBRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

No don't use the friend thing (yet), and yes I was using primary account. When I first added the new camera, I didn't understand the part about locations and needing separate secure plans for the separate locations, so I had added it to the same plan as the vacation house Arlo Go 2. Then created a new location for there and move the go2 to there.

I was on support chat with Rakesh case #43767886 and when I get home (I'm at work) we are going to try removing the camera, reset it, and re-add.

JohnPRBRT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have completed this task. I removed the camera from "Home location" (In PC browser), reset the camera by holding down the button, and then re-added it using the android app. It is now OK and you can close the ticket. I guess what I'd say about this I wish something in the app had told me what to do rather than tell me I needed the CVR plan in order to record video clips. Or I wish that it had a feature to add the camera without these steps.