Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RandomAlbum
Tutor
Tutor

A little background, I've set up 2 houses with cameras before and after a little fine tuning got everything set up as wanted. Previous houses both had between 8 and 12 cameras each. I'd fine tune notifications and activity zones and would be on my way. 

This third house however is driving me up a wall. The cameras are completely ignoring activity zones and if you drop the sensitivity then you no longer receive notifications when something is in the activity zone that you want entirely. Ive restarted the cameras multiple times trying to fix the issue and I'm still getting unwanted unnecessary notifications from objects well outside of activity zones. 

Customer service has also been completely worthless as well. Making you run in circles to not get a single answer. 

4 REPLIES 4
RandomAlbum
Tutor
Tutor

Also going to add in that routines don't even work properly after the app was forced to update. Way to take perfectly fine and working functionality that we had before and screw it up. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The newer cameras (Pro 5 and newer) require the new user interface that shows Feed to view recordings. There are a number of new FAQs that may help you learn the differences or just ask here.

For your initial issue, the new UI requires that you have a separate subscription for each location. Do you have one for the problem location?

RandomAlbum
Tutor
Tutor

Yes and once again I've set these up before plenty of times and understand how to do so. The point youre missing is the piss poor execution on Arlos part leading to a terrible experience. As stated, cameras are completely ignoring their activity zones and routines not triggering as they should. We can get the arrival one to work and yet the leaving one does not. This is a sign of poor programming. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Activity zones can b e "ignored" if there are reflections of (usually) the sun's IR from passing vehicles, moving leaves and branches, etc. These reflections may show up inside the zone to cause triggering. Repositioning the camera to eliminate extra view as well as reducing motion sensitivity can help a lot.

Geofencing with the new UI can be a bit tricky since there are undocumented options you can select in the setup. First, make sure each phone used for GF is always logged in. If the app isn't opened at least every 2 weeks, the user gets logged out. Then, assuming the phone's settings for the app are proper (precise location is always enabled), I've found that using Anyone Arrives and Everyone Leaves works for me but experimenting with Specific People Arrive/Leave may be useful.

Screenshots of your GF settings may be useful.