Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
x-manNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a problem identical to this old/closed topic:
https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Essential-Wire-Free-Cameras/Base-Station-Model-4540-not-recording...

I have Arlo Essential Outdoor 2nd Gen camera (1x).
4540 Base Station.

No subscription. Out of trial period.

Can't see any recordings to the USB either through the app or on my computer. Can only see an empty 000000 folder within 'Arlo' folder

Local Recording all enabled, it is detecting the USB.

Please assist how to get recordings to work.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may need to remove the hub and camera to set them up fresh to get it working. However, check your modes and rules to verify that there's appropriate settings for recording. What mode are you using? If you walk in front of the camera while using the app, does white ball with lines in the bottom right turn amber?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

To record locally, the camera must be synced to the base station. 2nd generation Arlo cameras cannot be synced to base stations or SmartHubs, so your camera must be synced directly to your home network, which is why there are no recordings on the USB drive.

While we do intended to release firmware support allowing 2nd generation cameras to sync to base stations and SmartHubs, I do not have an ETA for when this feature will be available.

JamesC

x-manNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi thanks for the reply.

So does that effectively mean that with the hardware I have I cannot record locally to USB at all?

Not sure how to sync the camera directly to the home network as you have suggested, but would this allow me to record locally to the USB plugged into my basestation or on another device in my home network?

Thanks,

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@x-manNZ wrote:

Not sure how to sync the camera directly to the home network as you have suggested, ...

You already did this when you installed the camera.  If you can livestream the camera, then it is still connected to your home network.

@x-manNZ wrote:

... but would this allow me to record locally to the USB plugged into my basestation or on another device in my home network?

No.  At the moment, the only way to get recordings from a 2nd gen Essential camera is to get the subscription.