Arlo outdoor second gen won’t record to feed - 4 to 5 meters above ground

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Vicgeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo outdoor second gen won’t record to feed I’ve done everything support has asked to do nothing is working can only view live 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vicgeorge wrote:

My Arlo outdoor second gen won’t record to feed I’ve done everything support has asked to do nothing is working can only view live 

Do you have the camera in a subscription plan?

What did support ask you to do?

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming the camera?  If so, does that show up in the Feed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vicgeorge wrote:

Do you have the camera in a subscription plan?

What did support ask you to do?

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming the camera?  If so, does that show up in the Feed.

Vicgeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a current subscription I also can record while live-streaming and it goes to my feed it seems my camera only records to feed at random times when there is myself or my car in the driveway 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vicgeorge wrote:

I have a current subscription I also can record while live-streaming and it goes to my feed it seems my camera only records to feed at random times when there is myself or my car in the driveway 

• How far away is the camera from the motion?
  • Is the motion directly towards the camera, or is it across the field of view?
  • Is it near the bottom of the field of view or at the top?

Spec'd distance for motion detection is ~23 ft/7m

They will trigger for some motion further away, but not as reliably.

They are also more sensitive to motion across the field of view, and more sensitive at the bottom of the field of view than the top.

Vicgeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help yes you have made me realise my camera maybe  is to high on my house maybe I should lower my camera for it to work correctly it’s roughly 4-5 meters above ground 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vicgeorge wrote:

my camera maybe  is to high on my house maybe I should lower my camera for it to work correctly it’s roughly 4-5 meters above ground 

That is worth a try.  

The motion detection test is helpful, particularly if you walk around in the area of interest while running it.