Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential 2nd gen outdoor cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
bartcannady
Tutor
Tutor

I bought these on black Friday. 3 of them in total and thought I was getting a great deal. found out real quick I should have kept my money.  these cameras are complete trash.  took me about 10 times calling support to finally be told that I would have to wait on them to fins a solution to the error zero. So I bought brand new cameras and then told they cant be used yet due to issues.   they sure didn't have a issue selling them to me.  anyways got a call from someone telling me that had been fixed.   went thru setup process and they all worked. or so I thought, now i can erase and setup and they will work for maybe 2 hours and then they lock up and nothing. no live view no notifications or anything.  i talk with support and they always try to act like its on my end.  tell me to check internet speed and reset router. then reset cameras. always the same crap.  then 2 hours later same thing.  Im sure im not the only one upset with this crap.  right now all i have is 3 paper weights that say arlo on them.   Arlo should be fixing this instead of sticking people with such a piece of crap.  everyone I knew that bought these same cameras are not able to use them.  Arlo will loose a ton of business due to this.  everyone I know says they will never buy anything from this company ever again.   is anyone else stuck with this same issue with the Gen 2 outdoor camera. 

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bartcannady,

When you say they lock up, what exactly are you experiencing? Are you able to provide more details?

Are you seeing any error messages?

JamesC

dlfhsurvivor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree

customer service is anything but!

completely and totally a waste of

money and beyond frustrating 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like