Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bertisthebest20
Guide
Guide

Arlo secure still showing feed count even though I have zero feeds. If I delete my feed count on my iPhone 14 Pro, it still show the count on my iPad Air and visa versa. I thought with iOS 18, it would fix but it hasn’t. Tried deleting app on both devices but the problem still comes back. Anyone else having this issue? Running Ultra 2’s and Essentials Via Arlo hub, base station.

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bertisthebest20,

The feed counter behaves independently across each device. To clear it, you will need to view the feed on each device.

JamesC

Bertisthebest20
Guide
Guide

Well, I’ve done that. If I delete from iPhone. It still show up on iPad and visa versa. The devise I delete it from goes away but will not on the other devise. I’s deleted app and reinstalled. Temporarily goes away until it get my next feed

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bertisthebest20 wrote:

If I delete from iPhone. It still show up on iPad and visa versa. The devise I delete it from goes away but will not on the other devise.

Which is exactly what @JamesC told you.

It only clears the feed on the device you are using.  That is because you can have two people use the same account on their phones (for instance, husband and wife), and both people should be alerted that there is stuff in the feed that they haven't seen.

Bertisthebest20
Guide
Guide

Wrong, you are not understanding what I’m saying. This only started happening when they updated my Arlo Secure app about a month ago. 
ready? I have Arlo secure on both my iPhone 14 and my iPad Air. I receive a feed. I can go to either device to see the feed, then delete it. On the other device, it shows the feed count I had just deleted. I go into feed and nothing is there, yet the feed count still shows up and will not go away. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bertisthebest20 wrote:

I have Arlo secure on both my iPhone 14 and my iPad Air. I receive a feed. I can go to either device to see the feed, then delete it. On the other device, it shows the feed count I had just deleted. I go into feed and nothing is there, yet the feed count still shows up and will not go away. 

I think this is completely consistent with what @JamesC told you.  I agree it should clear the counter when the feed is completely empty.  That does sound like a bug. 

I'm not surprised this is new behavior, as Arlo only recently began allowing you to log into two devices at the same time.  Before that change, you'd be logged out of the iPad Air when you logged into the iPhone, and vice versa.  That would clear the feed count.

Bertisthebest20
Guide
Guide

StephenB, that is absolutely correct. Now, will Arlo see this to know there is a bug in this app?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bertisthebest20 wrote:

StephenB, that is absolutely correct. Now, will Arlo see this to know there is a bug in this app?

@JamesC was tagged to call his attention to my post.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I was able to replicate this as you've described. I will pass this feedback along to the development team for further review.

JamesC

Bertisthebest20
Guide
Guide

👍