Arlo Essestial..cannot turn on my other 2 arlos

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Flashlight20
Follower
Follower

Currenty have 4 Arlo (Pro-I think) cameras.  I only have 2 working..the other two were turned off--not removed.  I just purchased an Arlo Essential Gen 2 floodlight camera-thinking I might switch to chargeable rather than batteries.   All the Arlo Pro settings changed once I set up the Essential.  I cannot turn on my other 2 arlos.. either through the app or online.  The Essential is ok... but I don't want to loose the ability to use my other 2 cameras?  Anyone  know how to turn my other two on?  All I get are 'messages' saying  they're offline.  I know that..but the Essestial program doesn't show a place just to toggle them back on.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you looked at the Pro camera settings? There's a Device On toggle there you can check. However, since you installed a new camera, you also were migrated from the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view recordings to the new one that uses Feed (the current app supports both UIs). Go to Routines and note that there are 3 modes - Arm Away which has all cameras listed in it and set to record as well as Arm Home and Standby which, by default, have no rules unless some transferred as a result of the UI migration. You may need to create new rules for your Pro cameras or edit them to ensure the settings you want are there.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations